An ancient Chinese tradition still practiced today, TAI CHI is meditation in motion and a graceful form of exercise. It involves a series of movements performed in a slow, focused manner and accompanied by deep breathing. Tai Chi is clinically proven to be one of the most effective exercises to improve health, fitness and relaxation. It is low impact and puts minimal stress on muscles and joints, making it generally safe for all ages and fitness levels. In fact, because Tai Chi is low impact, it may be especially suitable for older adults who otherwise may not exercise.
Orinoco Fitness offers the Yang Style of Tai Chi. While there are many variations, our program focuses on the first 12 Forms. These foundational movements will enhance your energy and make learning Tai Chi easier. Our teacher will break down and teach you the 12 forms allowing you to follow along with ease. Throughout the lessons, he will explain the Tai Chi principles and how to use them to improve your overall wellness and balance.
We encourage you to register for the 6-week sessions so you learn the forms along with the other students. If you own an Orinoco class package, you may also use it to attend classes or pay the $16 drop-in fee.
- TAI CHI classes at Orinoco
- 6 week sessions, recurring, during Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer
- INTRODUCTION TO TAI CHI: THURSDAYS @ 6 PM
- WINTER II SESSION: FEB 22 – MAR 29, 2018
- SPRING SESSION: APR 5 – MAY 10, 2018
Cost for session: $84 for 6 classes in session ($78 early bird price)
- Single class: $16 (drop-ins welcome)
Early Bird Deadline: Feb 21, 2018
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter (join our mailing list) to get more information
* All students are encouraged to register in advance to attend TAI CHI classes *
Sign up for Tai Chi Classes at Orinoco Fitness in Libertyville, IL:
- Visit our MindBody online store to purchase 6-week session Tai Chi package
- Select “Services” Tab