Tai Chi in Libertyville, IL
An ancient Chinese tradition still practiced today, TAI CHI is meditation in motion and a graceful form of exercise. It involves a series of movements performed in a slow, focused manner and accompanied by deep breathing. Tai Chi is clinically proven to be one of the most effective exercises to improve health, fitness and relaxation. It is low impact and puts minimal stress on muscles and joints, making it generally safe for all ages and fitness levels. In fact, because Tai Chi is low impact, it may be especially suitable for older adults who otherwise may not exercise.
Orinoco Fitness offers the Yang Style of Tai Chi. While there are many variations, our Introduction to Tai Chi program focuses on the first 12 Forms. These foundational movements will enhance your energy and make learning Tai Chi easier. Our teacher will break down and teach you the 12 forms allowing you to follow along with ease. Throughout the lessons, he will explain the Tai Chi principles and how to use them to improve your overall wellness and balance. Watch video preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzw-Zk7r3YE
We encourage you to register for the entire class session (six weeks) so you learn the forms along with the other students. Those who are unsure may attend by paying the single-class drop-in fee. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter (join our mailing list) to get more information
TAI CHI classes at Orinoco
Tai Chi classes are offered on Thursdays @ 7 pm. Classes are one hour long.
Upcoming *IN PERSON* Classes (six week sessions):
- NEW LOCATION: Crawford House – 817 West Lake Street, Libertyville, IL
- WINTER I SESSION : January 12 – February 16, 2023
- WINTER II SESSION: February 23 – April 6, 2023 (no class March 30)
- SPRING SESSION: April 13 – May 18, 2023
* All students are encouraged to register in advance to attend TAI CHI classes *
Sign up for Tai Chi Classes at Orinoco Fitness in Libertyville, IL:
- Visit our MindBody online store to purchase Tai Chi session package
- Single class drop-in also available
- Select “Services” Tab